11.15.2006

The Only "Phased Redeployment" I Care About

How about Republicans start advocating a phased redeployment of illegal immigrants back to their home country, and soon? All this talk of amnesty for illegals turns my stomach. We should see past the emotion on this issue and enforce the laws of our country.

Reflecting a glimmer of hope, Mike Pence, candidate for House Minority Leader, has recanted his original position of an amnesty compromise, the Washington Times reports.

"I [Pence] reject any form of amnesty, even if we've got border security," he said. "I really reject the idea that people whose first act in this country was a violation of the law ought to be able to get right with the law without leaving the country."
The Republican leadership needs to find some backbone and get tough on illegals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truer words were never spoken. However Bush and the Democrats can now get the amnesty "thing" done. Hopefully the conservatives in congress will filibuster any such measure.

Enforcing laws on the books, what are you? Some kind of right wing extremist? Enforcing written law is racist!

The party that gets tough on illegals will be the party in the White House come 2008.

Beau said...

Thanks for posting.

Honestly, as a conservative I feel so let down right now. I look at who is in the Senate and the House, and it seems like all I find are people interested in politics over principle.

I know that's probably my disillusion speaking, but I keep having to lift my jaw over the moves Republicans are making right now.